[petsc-users] petsc-users Digest, Vol 88, Issue 41

Yaoyu Hu huyaoyu1986 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 12:41:27 CDT 2016

Hi Hong,

Thank you for your rapid response.

I figured out that it was my mistake. I did not use the last argument
of MatGetSubMatrices() in the right way. It turns out that, just like
VecGetArray(), there is no need to explicitly allocate memory for the
last argument passed to MatGetSubMatrices(). Now I can get the right
submatrices and the rows of the submatrices. But the reason for the
original error message is unclear, and I haven't debug it.

And further. I checked the submatrices I obtained by
MatGetSubMatrices() with both parallel ISs and sequential ISs. The
submatrices are identical. Is it means that I could actually use
parallel IS (created with PETSC_COMM_WORLD) ?