[petsc-users] summary of the bandwidth received with different number of MPI processes

TAY wee-beng zonexo at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 11:41:19 CDT 2015

Hi,

It's mentioned that for a batch sys, I have to:

1. cd src/benchmarks/steams
2. make MPIVersion
3. submit MPIVersion to the batch system a number of times with 1, 2, 3,
etc MPI processes collecting all of the output from the runs into the
single file scaling.log.
4. copy scaling.log into the src/benchmarks/steams directory
5. ./process.py createfile ; process.py

So for 3, how do I collect all of the output from the runs into the
single file scaling.log.

Should scaling.log look for this:

Number of MPI processes 3 Processor names  n12-06 n12-06 n12-06
Triad:        27031.0419   Rate (MB/s)
Number of MPI processes 6 Processor names  n12-06 n12-06 n12-06 n12-06
n12-06 n12-06
Triad:        53517.8980   Rate (MB/s)

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,