[petsc-users] PetscBool in PETSc 3.1? (Ubuntu Precice)

Dominic Meiser dmeiser at txcorp.com
Mon Oct 26 10:04:24 CDT 2015

On 10/25/2015 10:40 AM, Florian Lindner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> our build system Travis uses the old Ubuntu Precice Pangolin version that comes with PETSc 3.1.

FWIW petsc master or maint build relatively quickly on travis' build
machines (2-5 minutes depending on how many third party packages you
need). If you're able to use travis' containerized infrastructure you
can cache the PETSc builds reducing the PETSc build times to near 0.
I've done that for a couple of my projects and it turned out to be
really easy, see for example here:

https://github.com/d-meiser/SuperContinuum

Have a look at .travis.yml and utilities/get_petsc.sh.

Cheers,
Dominic

--
Dominic Meiser