[petsc-users] Suuden problem compiling

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Oct 18 12:47:52 CDT 2015

  Gotta love Intel Fortran error messages; and the fact that they cannot point to the exact argument that is wrong.

   The reason you are getting this is because Fortran compilers are becoming more picky and complaining about passing a scalar when an array is expected.

  I believe in the first call II is a scalar while MatSetValues expects a 1d array of values so you can "fix" the problem by doing

   PetscInt   IIA(1)
   IIA(1) = II

    call MatSetValues(A_semi_xyz,1,IIA,7,int_semi_xyz(ijk,1:7),semi_mat_xyz(ijk,1:7),INSERT_VALUES,ierr)

   The second case has the same problem with both II and also JJ