[petsc-users] petsc cmake config - BUILD_SHARED_LIBS

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Tue Oct 13 11:37:22 CDT 2015

Arne Morten Kvarving <Arne.Morten.Kvarving at sintef.no> writes:

> I can certainly can use the find rule but the fact that it isnt part
> of the petsc distro complicates things more for me than the patch
> does.

PETSC_ARCH/lib/petsc/conf/PETScConfig.cmake is not for you.  It is not
installed (so your code won't work for prefix installs) and we could
delete it from the build tree at any time.  It is a private
implementation detail of PETSc's legacy cmake build, which is not used
any more because gnumake is so much better.

If you want functionality analogous to pkgconfig, use PETSc.pc.