[petsc-users] user defined algorithm for newton solver

Michael Povolotskyi mpovolot at purdue.edu
Thu Oct 8 12:26:16 CDT 2015

Dear Petsc developers and users,
I'm solving a nonlinear system with PETSc.
Often simple Newton iterations do not work and I have to use either
linear search or trust region.
I would like to use my own algorithm to find a next iteration
approximation to solution if the Newton step does not improve the
residual. As far as I can see I have to define my own SNELLineSearch
object. Is there any example that shows how to do it?
Thank you,
Michael.

--
Michael Povolotskyi, PhD