[petsc-users] working-with-submatrix

Giuntoli Guido Alfredo ggiuntoli at tecna.com
Wed Oct 7 07:08:43 CDT 2015

Hi! I have a problem of the form Ax=kBx were x is a scalar variable that is 0 in the border of a domain (x_D=0).
Using FEM the problem that you have to solve is a reduced problem were you don't have to include the coefficients of the matrix that multiply the x_Ds. So, I have two alternatives here, one is to construct a reduce matrix A and B from the beginning... this could result in a slow code. The other alternative I want to try is to use a sub matrix of A and B and pass them to slepc. How can I do this is I have Mat A and Mat b ?

Thank you, Guido!