[petsc-users] Error configuring PETSc with SUNDIALS (to solve stiff PDE)

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 11:56:52 CST 2015

On Sun, Nov 29, 2015 at 11:50 AM, namu patel <namu.patel7 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Attached is my configuration log file.

Satish, the idiotic Sundials configure cannot find mpicc even when its
passed in as the C compiler:

MPI-C Settings
--------------
checking if using MPI-C script... yes
checking if absolute path to mpicc was given... no
checking for mpicc... none
   Unable to find a functional MPI-C compiler.
   Try using --with-mpicc to specify a MPI-C compiler script,
   --with-mpi-incdir, --with-mpi-libdir and --with-mpi-libs
   to specify the locations of all relevant MPI files, or
   --with-mpi-root to specify the base installation directory
   of the MPI implementation to be used.
   Disabling the parallel NVECTOR module and all parallel examples...

Do we have to give -with-mpicc as an argument?

> Thanks,
> Namu
>
> On Sun, Nov 29, 2015 at 11:48 AM, Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> You must send configure.log
>>
>>   Thanks,
>>
>>     Matt
>>
>> On Sun, Nov 29, 2015 at 11:42 AM, namu patel <namu.patel7 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello All,
>>>
>>> I was trying to configure PETSc with SUNDIALS so that I may use PVODE to
>>> solve a stiff hyperbolic PDE of the form
>>>
>>> A(x) u_tt = K [B(x) u_x - F(x, u, u_x, t)]_x ,  t > 0,  0 < x < L ,
>>> u_x(0, t) = u_x(L, t) = 0 ,