[petsc-users] running applications with 64 bit indices

Randall Mackie rlmackie862 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 16:47:48 CST 2015

I’ve been struggling to get an application running, which was compiled with 64 bit indices.

It runs fine locally on my laptop with a petsc-downloaded mpich (and is Valgrind clean).

On our cluster, with Intel MPI, it crashes immediately. When I say immediately, I put a goto end of program right after PetscInitialize, and it still crashes immediately.

The same program compiled without 64 bit indices runs fine with Intel MPI.

Are there any special configuration options that must be set to use 64 bit indices in an application compiled with Intel MPI?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

Randy M.