[petsc-users] Use of DMDAVecGetArrayF90 and DMDAVecRestoreArrayF90

TAY wee-beng zonexo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 03:27:21 CST 2015

Hi,

Inside my subroutine, I need to access the DA variable cu_types_array
frequently.

So I need to call DMDAVecGetArrayF90 and DMDAVecRestoreArrayF90 before
and after frequently.

Is this necessary? Can I call DMDAVecGetArrayF90 at the start and only
call DMDAVecRestoreArrayF90 towards the end, where I don't need to
modify the values of cu_types_array anymore?

Will this cause memory corruption?

Also, must the array be restored using DMDAVecRestoreArrayF90 before
calling DMLocalToLocalBegin,DMLocalToLocalEnd?

--
Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

TAY wee-beng