[petsc-users] CG+GAMG convergence issues in GHEP Krylov-Schur for some MPI runs

Denis Davydov davydden at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 12:46:00 CST 2015

Jose,

Even when I have PETSc --with-debugging=1 and SLEPc picks it up during configure,
i don’t seem to have debug symbols in resulting SLEPc lib (make stage):

warning: no debug symbols in executable (-arch x86_64)

Same when starting a debugger:
warning: (x86_64) /usr/local/opt/slepc/real/lib/libslepc.3.6.dylib empty dSYM file detected, dSYM was created with an executable with no debug info.

C/Fortran flags seems to have debug flags:

Using C/C++ linker: /usr/local/bin/mpicc
Using C/C++ flags: -Wl,-multiply_defined,suppress -Wl,-multiply_defined -Wl,suppress -Wl,-commons,use_dylibs -Wl,-search_paths_first  -fPIC -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wno-strict-aliasing -Wno-unknown-pragmas -g3 -O0
Using Fortran linker: /usr/local/bin/mpif90
Using Fortran flags: -Wl,-multiply_defined,suppress -Wl,-multiply_defined -Wl,suppress -Wl,-commons,use_dylibs -Wl,-search_paths_first  -fPIC -Wall -Wno-unused-variable -ffree-line-length-0 -Wno-unused-dummy-argument -g -O0

Any ideas?

Kind regards,
Denis