[petsc-users] Create Hypre ILU(0) PC Segmentation error

Feng Xing snakexf at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 07:39:00 CST 2015

Hello everyone,

I would like to look for help for a small problem. I am trying to create a Hypre ilu(0) preconditioned in Fortran with the following code, where the matrix A_mpi has been created.

    call PCCreate(MPI_COMM_WORLD, pcilu0, Ierr)
    CHKERRQ(Ierr)
    call PCSetOperators(pcilu0, A_mpi, A_mpi, Ierr)
    CHKERRQ(Ierr)
    call PCSetType(pcilu0, PCHYPRE, Ierr)
    CHKERRQ(Ierr)
    call PCHYPRESetType(pcilu0, 'euclid', Ierr)
    CHKERRQ(Ierr)
    call PetscOptionsSetValue(pcilu0, '-pc_hypre_euclid_levels', '0', Ierr)
    CHKERRQ(Ierr)

But, I got some segmentation errors. I tried to use valgrind, but it doesn’t report any errors.
[0]PETSC ERROR: Caught signal number 11 SEGV: Segmentation Violation, probably memory access out of range
[0]PETSC ERROR: Try option -start_in_debugger or -on_error_attach_debugger

Thank you very much!

Kind regards,
Feng Xing
Postdoc in France