[petsc-users] how to switch ILU to its block version?

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Mar 1 15:36:30 CST 2015

  Fande,

    The MATSEQBAIJ matrix automatically uses a point block ILU; with the block size of the matrix. So if your matrix naturally has a block size bs if you use the MATSEQBAIJ matrix type it will be point block ILU of block size bs.

    We don't have a variable point block ILU in PETSc for SeqAIJ. It is possible to write but would be rather involved.

   Barry