[petsc-users] Nodes coordinates in distributed dmplex

Alejandro D Otero aotero at fi.uba.ar
Mon Jul 13 07:12:33 CDT 2015

Hi, I seems to be having problems with PETSc vector VTK viewer. The output
file I get has some values which are different from what I actually have.

I have a scalar field represented by a vector. If I print it on screen I
got the following output.

Vec Object: 2 MPI processes
  type: mpi
Process [0]
0
0
0.25
0.25
0.5
0.5
0.75
0.75
1
1
Process [1]
0
0
0
0.25
0.25
0.25
0.5
0.5
0.5
0.75
0.75
0.75
1
1
1

But when I set the viewer to use VTK_VTU (in this case ASCII just for make
it readable, but the same in native vtk format when read with paraview) I
got:

0.000000e+00
0.000000e+00
2.500000e-01
2.500000e-01
5.000000e-01
5.000000e-01
7.155608e-01
7.198046e-01
7.892083e-01
1.000000e+00
0.000000e+00
2.248979e-01
2.439858e-01
2.788163e-01
2.500000e-01
2.500000e-01
4.997506e-01
5.042740e-01
5.003098e-01
7.500000e-01
7.500000e-01
7.500000e-01
1.000000e+00
1.000000e+00
1.000000e+00

The difference start in the 7th value on.Any clue of what could be
happening?

Thanks in advance,
Alejandro