[petsc-users] how to import an array from matlab?

siddhesh godbole siddhesh4godbole at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 23:33:09 CST 2015

Hello,

I have been trying to use the functions PetscSocketOpen but it gets stuck
in this function shooting the following error

[0]PETSC ERROR: --------------------- Error Message
[0]PETSC ERROR: Error in system call
[0]PETSC ERROR: Connection refused by remote host renoir port 5005
[0]PETSC ERROR: See http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/documentation/faq.html for
trouble shooting.
[0]PETSC ERROR: Petsc Release Version 3.5.2, Sep, 08, 2014
[0]PETSC ERROR: ./10D on a arch-linux2-c-debug named renoir by hridya Wed
Jan 28 10:45:49 2015
[0]PETSC ERROR: Configure options --download-mpich
[0]PETSC ERROR: #1 PetscOpenSocket() line 133 in
/home/hridya/Downloads/petsc-3.5.2/src/sys/classes/viewer/impls/socket/send.c
[0]PETSC ERROR: #2 PetscViewerSocketSetConnection() line 400 in
/home/hridya/Downloads/petsc-3.5.2/src/sys/classes/viewer/impls/socket/send.c
[0]PETSC ERROR: #3 PetscViewerSocketOpen() line 289 in
/home/hridya/Downloads/petsc-3.5.2/src/sys/classes/viewer/impls/socket/send.c

i am using this for the first time. Please help !

Thanks a lot

*Siddhesh M Godbole*

5th year Dual Degree,
Civil Eng & Applied Mech.