[petsc-users] Libraries destination directory is non-standard

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jan 8 14:46:43 CST 2015

For one - I think each external package should be packaged separately
- and packagers should not rely on --download-package functionality.

Secondly - petsc/umfpack etc libs will get installed in
$PREFIX/lib/python2.7/site-packages/petsc/lib only if petsc is
configured with the option:

--prefix=$PREFIX/lib/python2.7/site-packages/petsc/lib

Perhaps there is an error here? You can check [or send us]
configure.log created by PETSc.

[presumably you are expecting --prefix=$PREFIX as the location to
install PETSc/umfpack.]

Satish