[petsc-users] Release canditate?

Éric Chamberland Eric.Chamberland at giref.ulaval.ca
Fri Dec 11 22:18:32 CST 2015

Hi,

we just waited since petsc 3.5.4 until 3.6.3 to retrieve a working petsc
for our usages (got bugs with 3.6.1, 3.6.2)

Now, just discovered 3.6.3 have a bug with mkl_pardiso... :/

We will have to wait until 3.6.4 (or patch the source with 3f7bb31
<https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc/commits/3f7bb316d2abd318f1cc7393382d1a7d22094d25?at=maint>...

I was thinking that it could have been otherwise if release candidate
packages would have been made available for anyone to test...
and to give you feedback... and then a better official release...

We can easily install it here and use the RC with our non-regression tests.

Maybe other users would be interested, like me, to test the release
candidates?

Does that sounds interesting to you?

Thanks,

Eric