[petsc-users] Build a PETSc matrix with "ghost lines" ?

'PEYROUNETTE Myriam' myriam.peyrounette at imft.fr
Thu Dec 10 11:06:24 CST 2015

Hi all,

I am partitioning an unstructured network in order to parallelize my
code. To communicate some node data between processors, I have to deal
with ghost values. I know PETSc allows its vectors to carry ghost values
thanks to VecCreateGhost() or VecMPISetGhost() functions. In the same
spirit, are there similar functions to create matrix with ghost lines ?

To give an example : I have a matrix containing the coordinates of each
node and I would like to access the coordinates of a neighboring node,
even if it is located on a different processor.

Thanks,
Myriam