[petsc-users] forming a matrix from a set of vectors

Nicolas Pozin nicolas.pozin at inria.fr
Wed Aug 26 16:55:38 CDT 2015

I'm working on a finite element system of the type (A+B)X=Y where A is a classic sparse symetric matrix and B is this transpose(d)*A*d. All the degrees of freedom are coupled (B dense), this is a physical property of the problem I deal with...

To solve it I use a conjugate gradient with jacobi preconditionner (which proves to be satisying here) . So I need the diagonal of B... and for now this is clearly the most time-consuming part of my code.