[petsc-users] any reasons to distinguish MPIU_SUM from MPI_SUM?

Fande Kong fdkong.jd at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 21:53:01 CDT 2015

Thanks, Barry, Satish,

But, is it possible to uniform the use of MPI_SUM and MPIU_SUM? For
example, we could let  a Petsc function just switch to a regular MPI_Reduce
or other function when using PetscInt. In other words, we need a wrapper. I
always use MPIU_INT in a MPI function  when using PetscInt. It is very
straightforward to use MPIU_SUM, MPIU_MAX so on, when thinking about we are
using MPIU_INT.

Thanks,

Fande Kong,