[petsc-users] Augmented Lagrangian examples?

Justin Chang jychang48 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 11:05:39 CDT 2015

Matt,

So inside these TAO routines, if I wanted to include the boundary values,
would I follow the approaches in functions like
DMPlexComputeResidual/Jacobian_Internal? I assume I need something like:

DMGetLocalVector(dm,xlocal);
DMPlexInsertBoundaryValues(xlocal,...);
** use xlocal to compute equality constraints/jacobian **
DMRestoreLocalVector(dm,xlocal);

The Jacobian and equality constraints that I want to assemble are not the
same as the DM matrix use for the entire problem. I am guessing I will need
to use a different DS for the DM because, for example the stokes problem
with TH elements, I want to assemble an equality jacobian of size (no. of
cells) by (no. of velocity dofs), and an equality constraints vector of
size (no. of cells). How would I go about doing a problem like this?

Thanks,
Justin