[petsc-users] Augmented Lagrangian examples?

Justin Chang jychang48 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 09:56:59 CDT 2015

Hi all,

1) I ran across this paper:

http://web.stanford.edu/~egawlik/pdf/GaMuSaWi2012.pdf

and was wondering if there are any current TAO examples that do this.

also

2) If I integrate this into an FEM (from DMPlex) I will need to assemble an
equality jacobian matrix and constraint vector. But the element-wise
constraints that I need to compute (e.g., the divergence) needs all degrees
of freedom within the element closure including the essential BCs DMPlex
removes from the global matrix/vector. So how can I work around this and/or
access said removed terms inside a TAO routine?

Thanks,
Justin