[petsc-users] TAO IPM

David Knezevic david.knezevic at akselos.com
Fri Apr 24 08:17:31 CDT 2015

On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 2:57 PM, Jason Sarich <jason.sarich at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> The IPM code is a naive implementation and not very battle-tested. There
> is nothing specifically broken, but the linear solve operator becomes very
> ill-conditioned and for most cases will require a direct solver (e.g.
> superlu). This is the major problem, and if you're ok with that then it may
> work for you.
> Unfortunately, we don't have anything else to recommend for generally
> constrained problems.

A quick follow-up question: I notice that the "toy" example I referred to
earlier in this thread uses VecCreateSeq and MatCreateSeq, so I just wanted
to check if TAO IPM is restricted to sequential data? (My guess is that
it's not restricted to sequential data, and that Seq is used only because
the problem is so small, but I just wanted to check.)

Thanks,
David