[petsc-users] TAO IPM

Jason Sarich jason.sarich at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 13:57:17 CDT 2015

Hi David,

The IPM code is a naive implementation and not very battle-tested. There is
nothing specifically broken, but the linear solve operator becomes very
ill-conditioned and for most cases will require a direct solver (e.g.
superlu). This is the major problem, and if you're ok with that then it may
work for you.
Unfortunately, we don't have anything else to recommend for generally
constrained problems.

Jason Sarich