[petsc-users] Tao iterations

Jason Sarich jason.sarich at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 10:40:55 CDT 2015

Justin,

1) The big difference between TRON and BLMVM is that TRON requires hessian
information, BLMVM only uses gradient information. Thus TRON will usually
converge faster, but requires more information, memory, and a KSP solver.
GPCG (gradient projected conjugate gradient) is another gradient-only
option, but usually performs worse than BLMVM.

2) TaoGetLinearSolveIterations() will get the total number of KSP
iterations per solve

Jason