[petsc-users] PhD position on developing software to model hydrofracturing in geothermal systems

Boris Kaus kaus at uni-mainz.de
Mon Apr 20 05:47:18 CDT 2015

Dear PETSC-users,

I have an open PhD position in my group to develop codes to simulate hydrofracturing in visco-elasto-plastic rocks using massively parallel computers.
We will use PETSC for this, so in case you are interested or you know someone that might be interested please let them know.

A detailed description of the project, together with application instructions is given here

http://www.geowiss.uni-mainz.de/Illustrationen/Geophysics/CREEP-ESR12-Mainz_Bristol_final.pdf

thanks!

Boris

Boris J.P. Kaus

Professor
Institute of Geosciences,
Center for Computational Sciences &
Center for Volcanoes and Atmosphere in Magmatic Open Systems
Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz, Mainz, Germany
J.J. Becherweg 21, 55099 Mainz, Germany.
Office: 	00-285
Tel: 		+49.6131.392.4527

http://www.geo-dynamics.eu