[petsc-users] The parallel preconditioner

huaibao zhang huaibao.zhang at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 16:54:31 CDT 2015

Hello there,

I have been confused of the extent of the available preconditioners in PETSc for a while. Here are the lists I got from one slide of a lecture notes saying

Block Jacobi,
Jacobi,
Overlapping Additive Schwarz,
ICC, ILU (sequential only)
ILU(K), LU(direct solver, sequential only)
sor
etc.

But in some other sources, only LU is highlighted with "sequential only". Which one is correct? I am using MATCreateAIJ to construct my A. Which preconditioner is available to me? By the way, I  tested asm, ilu, icc, and they all failed.

Thanks,
Paul