[petsc-users] TimeStepper norm problems. EMIL Please read this

Emil Constantinescu emconsta at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 15 20:51:13 CDT 2015

On 3/24/15 5:31 AM, Lisandro Dalcin wrote:
> Emil, is there any chance you can try my code with your problem? I
> really need some feedback to push this to PETSc, otherwise

Hi Lisandro - we checked ts_alpha_adapt and we tested it on a small
system (mildly stiff van der Pol ODE). I enclosed a Figure generated by
Debo that compares the error at the final time against ATOL - there
alpha is the original one (with original adaptor). For this problem your
adaptor works better [ error should be close to ATOL]. So from my
perspective, your adaptor works well. However, we need to keep the old
too so that we have a one step adaptor available ... since alpha is a
one step method.

Emil