[petsc-users] petsc4py and mumps (or other direct sparse solver)

NENNIG Benoit benoit.nennig at supmeca.fr
Wed Apr 15 08:31:56 CDT 2015

Dear petsc-users,

I am a beginner in petsc and I have some question with the python interface. I am trying to solve problem with mumps (or other direct sparse solver)

I have written the following piece of code

    ksp = PETSc.KSP()
    ksp.create(PETSc.COMM_WORLD)
    ksp.setOperators(A)
    ksp.setType('preonly')
    pc=ksp.getPC()
    pc.setType('lu')
    pc.setFactorSolverPackage('mumps')

It seems to works, however I have 2 questions
1/ how to set the Icntl parameters of mumps ? I didn't find the function MatMumpsSetIcntl.
2/ Is this piece of code right or written in good petsc style ?

thanks a lot,

Benoit