[petsc-users] FSAL property in TS

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Mon Apr 13 09:51:49 CDT 2015

Miguel Angel Salazar de Troya <salazardetroya at gmail.com> writes:

> Sorry I should have been more specific. I was talking about the explicit
> Runge-Kutta method.

It is currently only diagnostic.  I think it applies to RK3BS and RK5DP
and I suppose by "implemented", you mean "has the method been optimized
to take advantage of the property?".  The answer to that question is not
yet, but it's subtle in case the user changes the state or function as
part of a pre/post stage/step function.  We have a similar problem with
explicit stages in diagonally implicit RK methods for DAE.