[petsc-users] For users of PETSc repository only

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Apr 12 12:26:58 CDT 2015

   If you use PETSc 3.5.3 or earlier releases you can ignore this message. It only affects those using the pre-release PETSc repository code.

   I have changed some of the directory structure of PETSc which will your makefiles and Fortran source code.

   The locations of the PETSc include makefiles has changed from  lib/petsc-conf/  to lib/petsc/conf  This means items such as

include ${PETSC_DIR}/lib/petsc-conf/variables
include ${PETSC_DIR}/lib/petsc-conf/rules

   need to be changed in your makefiles to

include ${PETSC_DIR}/lib/petsc/conf/variables
include ${PETSC_DIR}/lib/petsc/conf/rules

   The locations of the PETSc fortran include files has changed from petsc-finclude to petsc/finclude This means items such as

#include <petsc-finclude/petscsys.h>
#include <petsc-finclude/petscvec.h>

   in your Fortran source needs to be changed to

#include <petsc/finclude/petscsys.h>
#include <petsc/finclude/petscvec.h>

  The reason for the change is to match Linux packaging standards for locations of files and directories. I hope this will be the last change for this for a long while, thanks for your patience