[petsc-users] Query regarding accessing data in a Petsc Vec object

Parvathi M.K phoenixauriga at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 06:15:31 CDT 2014

Hey,

I am fairly new to PetSc. I was just curious as to how you can directly
access the data stored in a Petsc object, say a vector without using
VecGetValues().

I've gone through the header files, petscimpl.h and vecimpl.h which contain
the definitions of the PetscObject and Vec structures. I cannot figure out
which member of the struct holds the Vector data entered using VecSet().
Also, I could not find the definitions of the functions in VecOps. Could
someone tell me where I can find these function definitions?

Thank you :)

Parvathi