[petsc-users] Best way to save entire solution history of a TS

Miguel Angel Salazar de Troya salazardetroya at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 12:31:18 CDT 2014

Hello

I'm performing an adjoint sensitivity analysis in a transient problem and I
need to save the entire solution history. I don't have many degrees of
freedom or time steps so I should be able to avoid memory problems. I've
thought of creating a std::vector<Vec> and save all the PETSc Vec that I
get from TSGetSolution there. Would this be a problem if I'm running the
simulation in parallel? Is there a better way to save the entire solution
history in memory?

Thanks
Miguel

--