[petsc-users] Using iterative refinement of MUMPS from PETSC

Evan Um evanum at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 15:24:36 CDT 2014

Dear PETSC and MUMPS users,

I try to use an iterative refinement option (ICNTL(10)=max # of iterative
refinement) of MUMPS in my PETSC application. MUMPS manual says that if the
solution is kept distributed (ICNTL(21)=1), the iterative refinement option
is disabled. When a problem is solved using KSPSolve() with multiple cores,
the solution is automatically kept distributed over the processors. Does
this mean that iterative refinement of MUMPS is available from PETSC only
when we run our application on a single core? I tried to solve my problem
on multiple cores with ICNTL(10)=10 and INCTL(21)=0, but the program
crashed. Does anyone know how to use iterative refinement option of MUMPS
from PETSC on a parallel computer? In advance, thanks for your comments.

Regards,
Evan