[petsc-users] Where can I learn about combining grids for a Laplacian

Alletto, John M john.m.alletto at lmco.com
Sun Sep 7 16:35:51 CDT 2014

I have a 3D Laplacian program that I wrote in matlab that I would like to transition to PETSc.

In my current program I have an inner cube which utilizes a 27 point uniform stencil
surrounded by an outer cubical which uses a smaller stencil on a variable grid.

I require the inner cubical to contain accurate results and do not care if error accumulates in the outer regions.

Where can I learn about combining grids for PETSc implementation?

Many Thanks
John