[petsc-users] How to run SNES ex62

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 11:11:51 CDT 2014

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 2:35 PM, Justin Chang <jychang48 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This might seem like a silly question, but whenever I try running ./ex62 i
> seem to always get a zero solution. I didn't see any script for running
> ex62 in the makefile so I have tried all the runtime combination of options
> listed in the Paris tutorial 2012 slides (e.g., block jacobi, gauss seidel,
> uzawa, schur complement, etc). They either give me a zero pivot for LU or
> errors like Petsc has generated inconsistent data. Can someone show me how
> to get solutions for this problem?

All my options for ex62 are in the builder.py script in config/. Here is
how I run an example:

  ./config/builder2.py check src/snes/examples/tutorials/ex62.c --testnum=0

You can run all tests by omitting --testnum, and see the other options
using --help. This requires Python 2.7.

Let me know if anything goes wrong, or you can't get what you want working.