[petsc-users] Error configuring with Ctetgen

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 21:57:21 CDT 2014

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 9:48 PM, Justin Chang <jychang48 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> On my MacOSx I am trying to install the developer's version of petsc with
> the following options:
>
> ./configure --download-exodusii --download-fblaslapack --download-hdf5
> --download-metis --download-mpich --download-mumps --download-netcdf
> --download-parmetis --download-scalapack --download-triangle --with-cc=gcc
> --with-cxx=g++ --with-debugging=1 --with-fc=gfortran --with-valgrind=1
> -with-cmake=cmake --download-ctetgen
>
> The error I get is with the --download-ctetgen option

>          UNABLE to CONFIGURE with GIVEN OPTIONS    (see configure.log for
> details):

> Error running make on Ctetgen: Could not execute "cd
> /Users/jychang48/petsc-dev/arch-darwin-c-debug/externalpackages/ctetgen &&
> /usr/bin/make PETSC_DIR=/Users/jychang48/petsc-dev install-ctetgen":
> make: *** No rule to make target `install-ctetgen'.  Stop.

> Do you guys know what is wrong? Attached are the make and log files.

We have been changing a lot of stuff in order to cleanup configure and make
it more uniform. The build
was changed to make all GNU make packages look similar.

Thus, you need to kill your old copy of ctetgen, and get it to download
again.

  rm -rf $PETSC_ARCH/externalpackages/ctetgen
  rm -rf $PETSC_ARCH/conf/ctetgen