[petsc-users] Adaptive controllers in TS

Miguel Angel Salazar de Troya salazardetroya at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 12:25:45 CDT 2014

Hi all

I'm trying to find out what is the adaptive controller scheme used in the
Runge-Kutta time stepping algorithm. Basically I want to know the function
that determines the next time step. I see that the next time step is set
with the function TSAdaptChoose(), which calls the pointer function
(*choose)() within the structure _TSAdaptOps, but where is this set?

I need to know this for an adjoint analysis to calculate gradients. I was
wondering if there is an example of such analysis with the TS structure.
I've seen that the RK source file includes a funciton to interpolate the
solution, something that is necessary in an adjoint analysis, hence my
question about the example.

Thanks
Miguel
--