[petsc-users] Crow Instability

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Mon Oct 13 12:49:36 CDT 2014

"Krishnappa, Sanjay" <krishns3 at my.erau.edu> writes:
>        I am looking for simulating crow instability using PETSc. I am
>        very new to PETSc and I would like to know if there is any
>        work/ Code that already exist relating to crow
>        instability. Thanks in advance.

PETSc is an algebraic solvers package, not a CFD package.  Whether you
want to simulate the stability diagrams from Crow's paper or long-time
evolution, you'll need to choose a CFD package (or choose a method and
implement it).  It is a good problem for "high order" methods, if those
are available to you, because physical dissipation is relatively low and
the domain is simple (often a box).