[petsc-users] PETSC for symmetric SLAE

Kirill Voronin kvoronin at labchem.sscc.ru
Tue Nov 11 02:02:24 CST 2014

Hello everyone!

Can anyone help with the following question - if I am solving a symmetric
SLAE (both structure and values), is it possible to store only the upper
trinagular part of the matrix and apply all PETSC routines like KSPsolve
etc.?

I looked thorough the manual but it didn't find anything about it. The
only thing I found was an option MAT_SYMMETRIC but as far as I understand
it is just a flag for using certain types of methods.

Therefore, it seems that I have to provide the full matrix to PETSC routines.

Am I right? Would be very thankful for any comments!

--

Best regards,

Kirill Voronin