[petsc-users] KrylovSchur solver diverges when setting EPS_GHEP

Jose E. Roman jroman at dsic.upv.es
Fri Nov 7 08:41:31 CST 2014

El 07/11/2014, a las 15:19, Denis Davydov escribió:

>> What do you mean by 'breaks convergence'? Are you sure your matrices are symmetric?
>> Jose
>
> I mean the solver does not converge.
> Whereas if I do not specify that the matrices are symmetric and
> generalised non-symmetric eigenvalue problem is considered, everything is all right.
> However, i am sure the matrices are symmetric.
> I double check it with MatIsSymmetric.
>
> Regards,
> Denis.

When solving as a symmetric problem, the solver uses B-inner products, so lengths are measured differently. Does your B-matrix have a large norm? Why are you using the absolute convergence criterion? Try with -eps_conv_eig or -eps_conv_norm
If this does not solve the problem, send me a small matrix that I can try.
Jose