[petsc-users] [SLEPc] Get convergence metrics

Jose E. Roman jroman at dsic.upv.es
Thu Nov 6 11:23:58 CST 2014

El 06/11/2014, a las 17:48, Alexander Grayver escribió:

> Dear all,
>
> I'm wondering if there is a way in SLEPc to get different convergence metrics for EPS/SVD.
> In particular, I was thinking about plotting "# matrix-vector products" versus "# converged eigenpairs". But how to get this information?
>
> I want to test different methods and what interests me is how many matrix-vector products each method requires to get N eigen/singular pairs (this is because each matrix-vector product entails some costly computations in my case).
>
> Thanks,
> Alexander

You could consider writing a custom EPS monitor with EPSMonitorSet. The monitor subroutine would receive as an argument the number of eigenvalues converged so far. You would also need to query the event counts for the "MatMult" event, but I am not sure if this can be done programmatically with the PetscLog* functions.

Jose