[petsc-users] Question about TaoLineSearchApply.

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sun May 25 11:16:34 CDT 2014

   Also run with -log_summary and you’ll see the percentage of time in the line search and also in the various function evaluations. The time for the line search includes the time of the function and gradient evaluations IT does, while the time for the functions and gradients includes the time for ALL function and gradient evaluations.

   Barry