[petsc-users] Installation problems on IBM machine

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sat May 24 11:33:35 CDT 2014

  In the development version we have the default now be very simple code that uses gnumake (much simpler than the cmake stuff). We’ve found most machines have gnumake installed and if not, gnumake is very portable and ./configure has —download-gnumake so the user doesn’t even need to deal with installing it.

   In our next release we will support legacy, cmake, gnumake for compiling. After that if all goes well with gnumake we may remove the legacy and cmake stuff.

   Barry