[petsc-users] Execution time of superlu_dist increase in multiprocessing

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Tue May 20 10:20:54 CDT 2014

   The time of a direct solver depends on the specific algorithms used by the software and very importantly the nonzero structure of the matrix. We sometimes find that one package scales better than a different package on a particular matrix but then the other package works better on a different matrix. So this is not particularly surprising what you report.

   Barry