[petsc-users] Execution time of superlu_dist increase in multiprocessing

张国熙 altriaex86 at gmail.com
Tue May 20 07:28:34 CDT 2014

Hi,

I'm working on standard eigensolving with spectrum transform. I tried mumps
and superlu_dist for ST. But I found that when I run my program  with more
process, execution time of mumps decrease, but time of superlu_dist
increase. Both of them are called by options like

char  common_options[]      = "-st_ksp_type preonly -st_pc_type lu
-st_pc_factor_mat_solver_package mumps";

ierr = PetscOptionsInsertString(common_options);CHKERRQ(ierr);

Shall I set more parameters to get benefit of parallel computing when using
superlu_dist? My mattype is mpiaij.

Your sincerely
Guoxi