[petsc-users] PetscLayoutCreate for Fortran

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Wed May 14 08:16:42 CDT 2014

On May 14, 2014, at 12:43 AM, Hossein Talebi <talebi.hossein at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you.
>
> Well, only the first part. I move around the elements and identify the Halo nodes etc. However, I do not renumber the vertices to be contiguous on the CPUs like what you said.

    You need to do this! Once this is done then using the PETSc solvers is easy. Note you can do this by simply counting the number of local vertices on each process and using an MPI_Scan to get the first number on each process from the previous process.

> BUT, I just noticed: I partition the domain based on the computational wight of the elements which is different to that of Mat-Vec calculation. This means my portioning may not be efficient for the solution process.

    That is fine, it is what we do to.

> I think I will then go with the copy-in, solve, copy-out option.

    I do not know what you mean here but it sounds bad.