[petsc-users] Errors in running

Antonios Mylonakis ant_mil at hotmail.com
Fri May 9 07:29:39 CDT 2014

Dear Sir or Madam
I am a new PETSc user. I am using PETSc library with fortran. I have the following problem. I want to use the matrix-free form of krylov solvers. So I am starting by using the example ex14f.F.In this example, within subroutine mymult()  I try call another subroutine which calculates the vector I need as the result of the matrix-vector multiplication.In this second subroutine the vector is defined as a simple array. (Is this the problem?) The problem is that I receive errors when I'm attempting to run the program.   The problem seems to be related with memory, but I am not sure.
The first line of errors can be seen below:"Caught signal number 11 SEGV: Segmentation Violation, probably memory access out of range"

Could you help me?
Thanks in advance