[petsc-users] Adaptive mesh refinement in Petsc

Miguel Angel Salazar de Troya salazardetroya at gmail.com
Thu May 1 18:14:30 CDT 2014

Hello everybody

I want to implement an adaptive mesh refinement library in a code written
in petsc. I have checked out some of the available libraries, but I want to
work with the latest petsc-dev version and I am sure there will be many
incompatibilities. So far I think I'll end up working with one of these
libraries: SAMRAI, Chombo, libMesh and deal II. Before I start checking out
each of them and learn how to use them I though I would ask you guys which
one you would recommend. My code would be a finite element analysis in
solid mechanics. I would like to take full advantage of petsc capabilities,
but I would not mind start with some restrictions. I hope my question is
not too broad.

Take care
Miguel

--