[petsc-users] Command line option to set number iterations for Chebyshev eigenvalue estimation?

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Thu Jan 23 10:26:07 CST 2014

Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com> writes:

> On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 8:54 AM, Dave May <dave.mayhem23 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> If you don't have any prefix set on the outer KSP, you should be able to
>> simply do
>>
>> -mg_levels_ksp_type chebychev
>> -mg_levels_ksp_chebychev_estimate_eigenvalues 0,0.2,0,1.1

this would be "chebyshev" (many people have pointed out that we should
have set aliases for these).

>> -mg_levels_est_ksp_type cg
>> -mg_levels_est_ksp_max_it X
>>

> Are you sure the est_ is not specest_?

Yes, specest is something else and should probably be removed (at least
marked deprecated; it works and we haven't touched the code since Hong
changed the spelling) since its functionality was rolled into
KSPCHEBYSHEV.